Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket not pulling and pushing code changes

Reg Hawkins January 19, 2018

In bitbucket I edit a file and then I have to use git bash to clone then merge then push.

have i missed a configuration in bitbucket, I thought it would commit the change merge and then kick of bamboo

1 answer

1 vote
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2018

Hi Reg,

Are you using Bitbucket Server or Cloud.  According to the Bamboo knowledge base article Repository triggers the build when changes are committed:

Configuring your source repository

Configure your source code management system's repository to send post-commit event messages to Bamboo. These messages tell Bamboo to begin building the plans that use this repository.

BitBucket Cloud

Add the Bamboo Webhook to your repository in Bitbucket Cloud. No further action is necessary on your local repository. Each push of new commits in to Bitbucket will trigger the build based on your configuration. 

BitBucket Server

When you create a plan that uses a linked Bitbucket Server repository , Bamboo uses the 'Bitbucket repository triggers the build when changes are committed' trigger option by default.

Please verify the Source repo is setup correctly per Repository triggers the build when changes are committed.  Once you confirm that follow the rest of the article for the rest of the steps and let me know if that resolves the issue or not and we'll go from there.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events