Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Bitbucket not parsing README.rst

In the documentation, it says that Bitbucket supports README.rst format, but it's not actually being parsed in my Python project repo. What to do?

1 answer

0 votes

Where in the documentation did you find this info? I could only find https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/readme-content-221449772.html , but it's only relevant to BB Cloud as far as I know. I guess this might be different for Server?

@Matt Pallissard yes, that is exactly what I linked - it's a Cloud doc. This question is explicitly about BitBucket Server. Server and Cloud are two completely different applications. If you can provide a Server doc that would state that .rst is supported, I'd be grateful. The fact that it's supported in Cloud is not particularly relevant in this situation.

I thought that you missed it in the documentation. I see now that at the end of one sentence it mentions 'cloud'.  Could you all put in BIG LETTERS somewhere that on-prem doesn't support this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Powering DevOps with Bitbucket Server & Data Center

Hi everyone, The Cloud team recently announced 12 new DevOps features that help developers ship better code, faster   ! While we’re all excited about the new improvements to Bitbucket ...

1,826 views 0 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you