Bitbucket migration from MS SQL to MySQL failing

Andrew Chatfield September 4, 2017
I am in the process of migration our atlassian tools from MS SQL to MySQL and have hit a problem with the Bitbucket database migration.

As per the documentaion I have created a new database in MySQL and tested the connection during the database migration option in bitbucket.

However shortly after starting the migration it fails with the following error:
Error creating bean with name 'liquibasePrototype' defined in class path resource [stash-context.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is liquibase.exception.MigrationFailedException: Migration failed for change set liquibase/r3_10/upgrade.xml::STASH-5244-2::bturner:
Reason: liquibase.exception.DatabaseException: Error executing SQL UPDATE `bitbucketdb`.`cwd_user` SET `external_id` = NULL WHERE id IN (
SELECT a.id FROM (
SELECT b.id FROM cwd_user b JOIN (
SELECT c.directory_id, c.external_id FROM cwd_user c
GROUP BY c.directory_id, c.external_id
HAVING COUNT(*) > 1
) sq on b.directory_id = sq.directory_id AND b.external_id = sq.external_id
) a
): You can't specify target table 'cwd_user' for update in FROM clause:
I am running MySQL version 5.7.9, Bitbucket 4.14.4 and mysql-connector-java-5.1.43

Is there any solution/workaround to this problem?

Many thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2017

Hi Andrew, I've seen you submitted a Support ticket regarding this same issue and one of my colleagues already helped you out with it :)

If you need further assistance or have some questions, let us know and we'll be glad to help!

Cheers,

Ana

nicolafrancini January 30, 2019

I have the same problem with the migration form integrated bitbucket database to Mysql , how did you solve thwe issue? thanks

Bitbucket

The schema could not be created.
 com.atlassian.stash.internal.db.DefaultDatabaseManager.createSchema(DefaultDatabaseManager.java:341)
 com.atlassian.stash.internal.db.DefaultDatabaseManager.prepareDatabase(DefaultDatabaseManager.java:191)
 com.atlassian.stash.internal.maintenance.SpringMaintenanceTaskFactory.migrationTask(SpringMaintenanceTaskFactory.java:132)
Error creating bean with name 'liquibasePrototype' defined in class path resource [stash-context.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is liquibase.exception.MigrationFailedException: Migration failed for change set liquibase/r3_10/upgrade.xml::STASH-5244-2::bturner:
     Reason: liquibase.exception.DatabaseException: You can't specify target table 'cwd_user' for update in FROM clause [Failed SQL: UPDATE bitbucket.cwd_user SET external_id = NULL WHERE id IN (
                    SELECT a.id FROM (
                        SELECT b.id FROM cwd_user b JOIN (
                            SELECT c.directory_id, c.external_id FROM cwd_user c
                            GROUP BY c.directory_id, c.external_id
                            HAVING COUNT(*) > 1
                        ) sq on b.directory_id = sq.directory_id AND b.external_id = sq.external_id
                    ) a
                )]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events