Bitbucket - manually merge pull request (git)

Keith Freeman November 27, 2014

I have a pull request from a work colleague that is from a private fork. The fork is copied from the main repo (also private). I would like to test the work locally before merging but I can't see any way to do this without paying for additional licences for each reviewer so they can access all the forks and therefore grab the branch from the fork.

If there were 1 or 2 reviewers this would be fine as each basic account allows 5 members to be given access so I could simply ask everyone with a fork to add a certain group to the allowed list, but I have around 10. Do I have to buy a 10 user licences for all reviewers?

Am I missing something here or is that simply how it is. I found this but the command line example at the bottom doesn't make much sense. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BITBUCKET/Work+with+pull+requests

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
John Garcia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2014

Yes, you should move the branch from the fork to the upstream repo, then users can checkout the branch from upstream and proceed with testing.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events