Bitbucket<->JIRA integration only working one way

Marcel Ruetjerodt November 8, 2017

We set up a application link between our JIRA server and our Bitbucket server. Both run on different host in the same network. The link from JIRA to Bitbucket works perfect. In the other direction I'm shown an 503 error.

image.pngIn the other direction I'm shown an 503 error (service unavailable). If I log onto the Bitbucket server, I can open our JIRA instance. 

image.png

What can I do to resolve that? Why is it only working one way?

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2017

Are you using SSL on JIRA? If so, I'd bet something is wrong with your SSL cert configuration.  Application links are pretty sensitive to SSL being set up exactly right. You may have skipped setting up the intermediate cert or need to import your JIRA self-signed cert in to the Java key store on Bitbucket. I hope that helps point you in the right direction. 

Marcel Ruetjerodt November 8, 2017

Hi Dave, thanks for your reply!

We don't use SSL (both servers are behind firewall). And as far as I know, both of our servers are set up the same way and have the almost latest version of Bitbucket and JIRA.

Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2017

The problem is with JIRA.  Somehow the Application Link is not happy with the way it is connecting to the JIRA Application.  Do you have a reverse proxy server ahead of JIRA? If so, have you modified JIRA's server.xml to add in the proxy configuration lines?

Marcel Ruetjerodt November 10, 2017

Sorry, we don't use reverse proxies. But I think you are on the right track. I will reach out company internal again. Maybe the server our Jira is running on is special in some other way.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events