Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Bitbucket limit requests - 429

Edited

Good day Atlassians!)

I have app - monitoring activity of users! It collects information from my workspaces, repositories, pullrequests, commits and also comments for each pullrequest and commit!

And we need to collect activity with interval 5 min(to get actual information of activity), but if commits or pullrequests >= 100 and request comments for each of them = more than 1000 requests in an hour! 

https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/api-request-limits/

How to resolve this Issue? how to get all comments for all commits, or pullrequests?

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @Mestra Soft,

Are you using Bitbucket Cloud (https://bitbucket.org/) or Bitbucket Server (self-hosted instance)?

The documentation you included in your post is for Bitbucket Cloud, however, I see that your question has the tag 'bitbucket-server', so I just wanted to make sure which product you are referring to.

If your question is about Bitbucket Cloud rate limiting, the API limits are fixed across the platform for all users, I'm afraid that we cannot increase them. The only suggestion I can make would be to adjust the frequency of the calls so that the total number of calls to /2.0/repositories/* won't exceed 1000 calls per rolling hour (please note that the hour is rolling hour, not "fixed clock hour").

Kind regards,
Theodora

Thank you, Theodora!) Yes, using Bitbucket Server!)We have founded resolve to reduce number of requests)

Hi @Mestra Soft, thank you for the update, it's good to hear that you managed to resolve this!

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

New improvements to user management in Bitbucket Cloud 👥

Hey Community! We’re willing to wager that quite a few of you not only use Bitbucket, but administer it too. Our team is excited to share that we’ll be releasing improvements throughout this month of...

4,344 views 12 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you