Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket limit requests - 429

Mestra Soft October 17, 2021

Good day Atlassians!)

I have app - monitoring activity of users! It collects information from my workspaces, repositories, pullrequests, commits and also comments for each pullrequest and commit!

And we need to collect activity with interval 5 min(to get actual information of activity), but if commits or pullrequests >= 100 and request comments for each of them = more than 1000 requests in an hour! 

https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/api-request-limits/

How to resolve this Issue? how to get all comments for all commits, or pullrequests?

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2021

Hi @Mestra Soft,

Are you using Bitbucket Cloud (https://bitbucket.org/) or Bitbucket Server (self-hosted instance)?

The documentation you included in your post is for Bitbucket Cloud, however, I see that your question has the tag 'bitbucket-server', so I just wanted to make sure which product you are referring to.

If your question is about Bitbucket Cloud rate limiting, the API limits are fixed across the platform for all users, I'm afraid that we cannot increase them. The only suggestion I can make would be to adjust the frequency of the calls so that the total number of calls to /2.0/repositories/* won't exceed 1000 calls per rolling hour (please note that the hour is rolling hour, not "fixed clock hour").

Kind regards,
Theodora

Mestra Soft October 21, 2021

Thank you, Theodora!) Yes, using Bitbucket Server!)We have founded resolve to reduce number of requests)

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2021

Hi @Mestra Soft, thank you for the update, it's good to hear that you managed to resolve this!

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events