Bitbucket license to new server

John Cicero October 2, 2015

Hello,

Presently we have a "Bitbucket (Server) 500 Users: Commercial License" on one server. We want to move off that server onto a new one that we have stood up. Can I use the same License key on the new server?

I would need to have both servers up and running during the migration for a period of time.

3 answers

2 votes
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2015

Hi John,

You should avoid using the same license, but you don't need to get a new one either - you can use a developer license, which is available for the use in non-prod environments.

Please refer to https://www.atlassian.com/licensing/purchase-licensing#licensing-8 for detailed instructions on how to get the developer license.

Regards,

Gustavo Refosco

0 votes
Shawn Magill December 23, 2015

I'm not sure John Cicero's question was understood.  I believe he would like to move an instance of Bitbucket from one server to another, the intention being to turn down the old server following the successful testing of the new one.  That's why he wanted them both up and running at the same time.  A dev license would achieve that, but there's still the problem of how to transfer the commercial license to the new one.  Anyone know what file(s) that is?

In my case I have a Stash server and I want to install a fresh Bitbucket server to replace it.  How do I move the license to the new server?

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2015

You can use the license only in one production instance. Depends on the period of time in your case I think. You might want to reach out to Atlassian sales to clear it up!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events