Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket failed to push branch

EricCham December 21, 2017

I am currently using Bitbucket server 4.11 and I encounter some push operation errors. I have set up branch permission to block any rewrite history operation. However, when I push a local develop branch to Bitbucket, it returns error and not allow me to do pushing.  The log shows "Rewrite history is not allowed for branch refs/heads/develop. Check your branch permissions configuration with the project administrator." However, when I do the same operation in another Bitbucket server project with the same setting and same branch permission, it succeeds. Please advise a solution to solve this error. Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 22, 2017

Hello @EricCham,

As far as I can understand, you don't seem to be facing this issue in any other projects, so maybe comparing the project permissions between the one that does not work and the one that works can give you a clue of what is going on?

We do realize that you have checked branch permissions, but what about repository-level permissions or project-level permissions? Have you checked these as well?

What happens if you try to push to a different branch on the same repository?

In this Community thread the problem was solved by upgrading Bitbucket Server to 5.2. As you're running a prior version, can you try upgrading Bitbucket Server to the latest version and see if it works for you as well?

In addition to that, you mentioned you got a message about permissions in the logs. Can you paste the entire stacktrace here, obfuscating sensitive data? Maybe this can also be helpful.

Cheers,

Felipe

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events