Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket does not track a subdirector

Zahra Eslami February 4, 2015

Can some one tell me why bitbucket does not track this directory in my repository ? This directory is missing in all of my branches . I tried to git add --force this directory but that does not help....

Selection_082.png

EDIT: The directory is full of important files and it is not ignored in my .gitignore. However, I can not see any of those files in bitbucket since the directory is not clickable (as you can see in the above screenshot). The changes in the files is not tracked as well. 

3 answers

1 vote
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2015

Are there files in that directory? Git does not track directories themselves, it tracks files, so empty directories will be ignored.

If there are files, check for any .gitignore files to see if the contents of cbox-theme are being intentionally ignored.

Also, I'm a little confused. If Bitbucket isn't tracking the folder, how are you able to see it in bitbucket to take that screenshot?

Zahra Eslami February 5, 2015

Yest, there are a lot of important files in that folder. I don't have anything related to name of this directory and my gitignore. The reason that I keep Saying that bitbucket does not track this directory is that I can not open it and see what files I have in side that directly. Moreover all the file changes in there are not tracked as well. I don't understand why bitbucket just show a commit ID in front of this directory ? I think something is wrong and I am willing to give away my entire git history and re-init the repository safely if some one can provide me a safe instruction.

Zahra Eslami February 5, 2015

just edited my question to make it more clear

0 votes
John Garcia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2015

I think the folder is a subrepo, which is tracked separately.

Zahra Eslami February 6, 2015

@John Garcia [Atlassian] Thanks John. That might be the case. Do you have any solution for that ? I mean how can I remove a subrepo ? I don't see anything like .git in this directory

Hardik Lakdawala May 25, 2018

@Zahra Eslami1 did u resolve the issue? I have the same issue.

Deleted user August 20, 2018

I am having a similar issue. If I go to any specific commit and click view source, I can navigate to the folder path, but when viewing master/staging branch the folder is not visible. If I do a clean clone of master/staging, the folder is there. but just not in the web ui. It would normally go unnoticed but I have a README.md in that folder I am linking to from the README.md in the repo root, so it become an issue

kevinogden96 August 21, 2018

Also having the same problem. What's going on!

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2015

Thanks for the clarification. I don't know enough about Bitbucket to know what would cause that type of display. Your local git repository is independent from Bitbucket, other than the fact that Bitbucket is a remote. Could you confirm whether your local repo tracks the files? If you can't add the files to your local repo, there's a problem with your local repo configuration, and you might have more luck diagnosing the problem on stackoverflow, since it has a larger community.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events