Bitbucket diff setting

Edward Audi January 11, 2018

Howdy,

We run Bitbucket server locally.  In BitBucket we can see a diff for commits and pull requests. Sometimes we change a line but Bitbucket's diff thinks we deleted the line and rewrote it.  This appears to happen when the number of changes in the line are larger than some threshold.  What we really want to see are the actual differences within the line.  Is there a way to configure Bitbucket's diff to show us all the character changes rather than a whole line deletion/addition?  Is there, perhaps, some preference in the server-config-properties file we can twiddle to make this work?

1 answer

0 votes
edwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2018

Hi Edward,

This is expected because of how Git works as well when running git diff in the command line. Look into add-ons there maybe one that does this.

Edward Audi January 16, 2018

Thanks Edwin!  I played with the 'git diff' options a bit and I was able to get that command to show more granularity by using the one of its flags.  I was curious if BitBucket runs 'git diff' under the hood and if there is a way to configure the 'git diff' options that BitBucket is using.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events