Bitbucket continue to show that the repository is empty

Aleksejs July 18, 2016

Hello.

I have encountered a problem in my Bitbucket setup and would really appreciate if you could help me.

When a new repository is being created and some files are pushed to it for the first time, the page of repository doesn't refresh automatically, it says that repo is still empty. However when you push files for the second time, the page gets refreshed. Clearing browser cache or accessing Bitbucket in Incognito mode (Google Chrome) helps. I'm not sure if the issue is related to hook scripts not being executable, as it is stated in this article - https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserverkb/git-hook-scripts-are-not-executing-779171211.html . The only script that is in 'non-executable' mode in the repo is pre-push.sample . 

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Alexey Mikhailov

3 answers

2 votes
ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2016

Hi Alexey,

Clearing browser cache or accessing Bitbucket in Incognito mode (Google Chrome) helps

This points out that there could be an issue with a browser add-on that you have installed.

Can you reproduce that from other clients? Could you try uninstalling add-ons from your browser one by one to see if you can rule it out?

Hope that helps,
Thiago Bomfim
DevTools

0 votes
ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2016
0 votes
Aleksejs July 19, 2016

Hi Thiago,

Actually the issue is getting resolved randomly. If you create a new repository being in incognito mode and then push some data to it, it is still showing the repository is empty. The same appears in Internet Explorer where I don't have any add-ons installed.

I have a suspicion that it has something to do with Bitbucket nodes and git hooks it uses (probably the hooks are corrupted).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events