Bitbucket connection to jira does not work properly,

Tomasz Kusmierz June 26, 2017

Hi,

I've installed jira, then confluence then bitbucket.

Everything works OK on confluence but bitbucket does not seem to recognize users that I create under jira. My admin account works OK but all accounts that I create in jira show up as:

"You do not have permission to access Bitbucket"

and when trying to reset a password it's saying:

"your account details are read-nonly please contact your administrator to change your password"

2 answers

0 votes
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2017

Hi Tomasz,

In Bitbucket Server uses need to be granted permission to access Bitbucket Server. This can be done either through group membership or for every individual user. 

It sounds like you haven't granted the group that the users are members of the required permission.

This is all described in Global permissions

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Tomasz Kusmierz July 3, 2017

Sorry, but when I follow the link I get 404.

In Global permissions I see this:

Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 11.50.03.pngWhich gives me no option to do anything :/ 

Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2017

Hi Tomasz,

We're currently having trouble with our documentation site - apologies for that!

Based on the screenshot it looks like members of the stash-users group have access to Bitbucket Server, as well as members of the jira-users group, and individually you have access as well.

If you want to add another group to give its users permissions, enter the name of that group in the Add Groups field and click Add.

Let me know if that helps!

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Tomasz Kusmierz July 3, 2017

Ok, I've got it working.

I've just assigned right to jira admin and jira users ... Sorry but it wasn't obvious that I needed to start typing there to actually see any groups ... when you punch a drop down it's just blank - that's why I assumed it's not working. So yeah sorry for my blind dumb blonde moment :)

Can I also throw away confluence groups and do with just that way or is something going to change in the future and stuff will break ?

0 votes
Tomasz Kusmierz June 26, 2017

I can confirm one thing: If I make a user an administrator they can work with bitbucket without a problem :/ 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events