Bitbucket commits to show full date in the UI instead of Yesterday / Today / an hour ago / 2 days ago / 1 week ago" etc

rshlain November 29, 2016

Need to see full date(timestamp) after each commit in  Bitbucket

Currently it is showing as "Yesterday / Today / an hour ago / 2 days ago / 1 week ago" etc etc which is not so readable for the Development team... Hover over to see full date is too time consuming... 

5 answers

3 votes
bfday October 14, 2017

Hi, guys. Here is a google chrome extension to solve the problem.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dates-converter-for-bitbu/ibmpjnmlhfboaljbechlinicnlpmlgnp

Square Candy September 11, 2018

Nice - this works perfectly for me.

Square Candy September 11, 2018

... and it's free.

Daniel Williams November 2, 2020

... and incredibly lame that BB does not just show the darned date!

owenboyle November 15, 2020

Not really - this extension has a hard-coded domain pattern: bitbucket.org

If you're using a different site, it won't work and can't be edited.

1 vote
G__Sylvie_Davies__bit-booster_com_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2016

Option 1:  Go vote for BSERV-4477 and wait. cheeky

Option 2:  Install the paid add-on, Bit-Booster for Bitbucket Server.

After installing the add-on, go to its config screen (Manage Add-Ons --> Bit-Booster for Bitbucket Server --> Configure) and select one of the two "No" choices for the "Relative Time" config option:

relative.png

It uses your browser's locale to format the time, and so if you're in Europe it won't display "AM" or "PM" and instead will use 24hrs time.

Once you've installed and configured the add-on, navigate to Bitbucket Server's "commits" page and enjoy. Eventually I plan to adjust timestamps on all the screens in Bitbucket that have timestamps, but for now it's just the "commits" page.

A full screenshot of all config options available if you install my add-on  (Bit-Booster for Bitbucket Server) are available below in the comment thread on this answer.

Note:  this feature remains fully functional even if you let the Bit-Booster add-on license expire.

Enjoy!

rshlain December 1, 2016

Nice plugin, but functionality you implementing is something we already have... Except for the date format... Ill see if i can get something together on my own or follow ℳichiel ℛoo suggestions...

Thanks anyway!!!!

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2016

Are you sure you already have my functionality?  The alternatives all have problems with orphan branches and octopus merges, and no-one else does the condensed git graph.   No-one else let's you filter for specific branches in the all-branches view; no-one else shows reverts clearly, and no-one else blocks foxtrot merges.

Also, even if the license expires, my add-on will still adjust the timestamps, and will still embed a graph in commits page for you.   (My add-on only complains about expired licenses on its all-branches-graph page).

My add-on also let's you rebase, squash, or amend pull-requests right in the web ui, including when the pull-request involves forks.

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 1, 2016

Okay, I uploaded a version of my add-on (Bit-Booster for Bitbucket Server), which includes functionality for disabling relative date stamps.  Here's a screenshot of the full config screen:

settings.png

1 vote
Michiel Roos November 29, 2016

A small extension either native Bitbucket or browser extension should be able to solve your problem. It should iterate over the first couple of rows of the #commits-table and reformat the date value stored in the datetime attribute of the time tags of te ones that need reformatting.

0 votes
srinivas August 9, 2018

Ruslan ShlainRuslan Shlain 

did you get answer, please post your answer am also looking for that

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events