Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket clone to Sourcetree, repeatedly asking for password

nunataq January 14, 2018

I am completely new to Bitbucket and Sourcetree. I am added in a repository by my college, when I log into Bitbucket I find it there with all necessary files. I would like to clone it, so i can work with it on my laptop, so I drag it from the website to the Sourcetree window and get requested Source URL, Destination path and Name. Here the problems start, I get repeatedly asked for password, but the password is correct. Do someone have any suggestions? I am running OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2018

Hi! My recommendation would be that you connect your Bitbucket account to Sourcetree following the steps at Connect your Bitbucket account, so it doesn't ask you for authentication anymore. 

It would also be worth it to check that there are no previous incorrect passwords, both in Sourcetree and in the Keychain.

Hope that helps!

Ana

nunataq January 15, 2018

Thanks, unfortunately I still got the following message: 

This is not an valid source path / URL 

after repeatedly asking for password. 

nunataq January 15, 2018

Now it's working, didn't know what solved it in the end though. 

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2018

Glad to hear you got it sorted at the end :) Have a good day!

Ana

Anibal Duardo January 22, 2018

I have the same problem.

After updating to 2.7 (152) on Mac. I use BitBucket repositories and self hosted repositories with GitLab. After downgrading to 2.6.3 I can use again the repos.

I tried deleting the SourceTree configuration folder ( ~/Library/Application Support/SourceTree) and adding again the repos but the problem still persist. I also had added the BB account but not working.

Do you have any advice to continue using version 2.7?

Thanks

6clicks January 23, 2018

Same here .... I use to work but ... now I cant connect the app. 

I enter my user name and password ... and 3 sec after it's all gone. 

Jamaka Radebe July 2, 2018

Having same issue: It was all working fine until i upgraded my MacOS to: 10.13.5.

Now it just keeps prompting me for password, I've checked, deleted and reconnected my account in the Account Preferences, where it seems to connect no problem but when i go back to try to use Sourcetree  (clone in this case) it keeps asking for Password.

so much time wasted on already, deadline loom, any help?

GOH JIN JIE September 6, 2018

same issue, is sourcetree broken?

ruibraga97 September 28, 2018

Same problem, and no one seems to care it seems

RajanandP October 18, 2018

Same issue here. I am on SourceTree 2.7.3 on a 10.13.6 OS-X. It keeps asking for password.  I can clone and perform git operations on a terminal without any problem. So I am sure it is an issue with SourceTree integration.

Noticed that a previous version 2.6.3 helped a user to proceed from the comment above at https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/Re-Re-Bitbucket-clone-to-Sourcetree-repeatedly-asking/qaq-p/709378/comment-id/22636#M22636. Is that the only solution available at the moment?

0 votes
RajanandP October 18, 2018

Came across this same issue and multiple posts too. So consolidated my research and fix at one place https://stackoverflow.com/a/52884626/5107365. The summary is, problem solved when I used the same password for Atlassian's account address(which is the Gmail ID I used to OAuth to my bitbucket user), like that of my Gmail ID.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events