Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket: change fonts and colors in displayed code

Doug Hockin December 15, 2017

How do I change the font and colors used in code displays?

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2017

Hi Doug! Colors and fonts used for code highlighting on Bitbucket can not be customized.  

You can choose the language you're using for your repo and that will determine how the code will be displayed, but you can not change it.

If you'd like, you can submit a feature at bitbucket.org/site/master (if you're using Bitbucket Cloud) or jira.atlassian.com (if you're using Bitbucket Server)

Best regards!

Ana

Taw Moto July 17, 2020

@Ana RetamalIn the latest version, the PR code font is very very small, we cannot change it and if we zoom out, everything breaks apart, I cannot even comment properly.

Also the font you guys choose is not a programming font, why not use the common ones like Consolas, DejaVu, etc?

Really, is there a workaround for this? The PRs are a nightmare because of this.

Thanks

Like # people like this
George Cook August 25, 2020

same here: it gives me migraines.

if you open dev tools you can mostly fix it by changing the font size in the css; but it's not ideal.bb.png

Pavel Roskin June 19, 2022

I've posted a suggestion to remove Courier from the font list, it's definitely not a programming font. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BSERV-13353

Installing Roboto Mono improved my BitBucket experience a lot. Other fonts in the list have restrictive licenses.

Taw Moto June 19, 2022

Maybe use Consolas?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events