Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket branch creation date

uknami May 24, 2017

Hi,

I am trying to find a way to get all the older branches from bitbucket for a particular project repository slug. There doesn't seem to be anything in the returned json from the api call to suggest when the branch was created or last updated.

I am using:

http://localhost/bitbucket/rest/api/latest/projects/{projectId}/repos/{repo}/branches?details=true

This does not return any date/time info at all. How would I know how old a branch is?

Regards,

Nas

3 answers

0 votes
Sameet Nasnodkar November 17, 2023

For anyone that might stumble upon this. If you have admin on the repo, you can go to the Push Log and choose the branch name to get the push history. The first entry is the creation date in bitbcket. 

Note that this might be different than the actual date the branch was created locally which can be retrieved using git commands.

0 votes
Vrushali Motghare January 9, 2023

I'm also trying the same want to get all the branches from bitbucket for a particular project repository slug but not receiving branch creation details in JSON response.

Any suggestion ? How this can be achieve ?

0 votes
Ben Stuart
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2018

Hey Nasir, 

Unfortunately Bitbucket doesn't store the date that a branch is created. You may be able to find this this using some git commands. Checkout this StackOverflow article that may help.

Bhakti Prasad Panda October 17, 2019

Hello @Ben Stuart ,

Can you tell me then how we can check whether the branch is recreated with same name or not. As all the commands are showing the commit info instead of branch creation date. Is there any possibility to check whether the branch is deleted during pull request or not.

Regards
Bhakti Prasad Panda

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events