Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket & Git User Account Creation

C B September 21, 2018

Running BitBucket / Git on Centos 7.5 Linux -- no LDAP or centralized user account system.

Issue:  Users cannot access git from command line. E.G. When attempting to clone they get "permission denied".

Question:  After creating a BitBucket user's account via the web interface is it still necessary to create a user account for that user on the server where BitBucket/Git is installed and the repos are located?

1 answer

0 votes
Prasanth
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2018

Hi

You don't need to create any user account for the user on the hosting server.  I assume that you are running to an issue when you are trying to clone it. Please see the instruction on how to get the clone URL and some basic steps in 

If you are trying to clone with SSH, please make sure that you have configured SSH key as mentioned in

or

Hope this helps

Best regards,
Prasanth Thaikkalloor

C B September 24, 2018

Prasanth,

Thanks for the answer, but none of this information helped.  The problem is cloning does not work unless I create a specific user account on the BB/git host server in addition to the user account that was made for BitBucket (by JIRA).  Here's an ssh example in particular that does not work.   The following clone will not work unless I manually create a user account name of 'git' on the bitibucket/git host.  

git clone git@bitbucket.org:teamsinspace/documentation-tests.git

The same goes for individual BitBucket user names. It will only work if I add the specific  user as an account to the host server, otherwise no access.

I am unable to resolve this and I am wondering is the installation incorrect or somethjing else fundamental?  I still need help.

Prasanth
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2018

Hello, 

Earlier instructions that I gave was based on the assumption that you are trying to configure it with Bitbucket server. I just gone with below in the description

Running BitBucket / Git on Centos 7.5 Linux -- no LDAP or centralized user account system.

From the latest comment it appears that you are using Bitbucket Cloud (https://bitbucket.org/) . I

So are you trying to clone the repository from the cloud to a Centos 7.5 Linux client?

After creating a BitBucket user's account via the web interface

What is the web interface you are creating the user?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events