Bitbucket add-on for branch status as a network diagram

Neal Culiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2015

Does anyone know of an add-on for Bitbucket that visualizes branches and branch relationships?  I use the awesome graphs but still don't see what I'm looking for.  I'd like a Visio type network diagram such as with master at the root then sub-nodes for each branch to visualize their relationships.  Then color code their status such as green if merged, show date last of activity, etc.

2 answers

0 votes
G__Sylvie_Davies__bit-booster_com_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2016

I wrote an add-on that might help (Bit-Booster Commit Graph and More).  In addition to providing commit graphs like those other add-ons, it also has a special "Condensed Git Graph" that allows you to view all branches and commits (and repositories) related to a single JIRA ticket.

Click on the "All Branches Graph" link after installing the add-on, and then type in a JIRA ticket and hit the "Reload" button.

dp788.png

Prince Richard November 10, 2019

Hi Davies,

Thanks for the handy Commit Graph plugin. It is very useful plugin both the ones to be installed in Bitbucket and JIRA. This helps from end-user point of view.

Can you please let me know if there is a REST API that can get similar details? We need this for automating build report activities. 

We have currently built CLI tool using Python to get similar details using below two REST API- 

1. Bitbucket Server API - /rest/jira/1.0/issues/{issueKey}/commits

2. Bitbucket Server API - /rest/branch-utils/1.0/projects/{projectKey}/repos/{repositorySlug}/branches/info/{commitId}

The logic would be get all commits for given JIRA Issue key and pass it to the 2nd API to get the detailed commit information in the branch.

But we notice that once the commit is merged to the default branch (example - develop/master) of the repository, the 2nd API does not list the other branches to which this commit would also have been merged. This is quite annoying. 

Example - 

1. Commit done in feature branch

2. Feature branch merged to default branch (say - develop)

3. develop branch merged to release branch

In this case, the 2nd API does not list the release branch in which this commit also exists. Your plugin provides these details i.e. shows both develop and release branch but the Bitbucket Server REST API "rest/branch-utils/1.0/projects/{projectKey}/repos/{repositorySlug}/branches/info/{commitId}" does not show release branch in the API results. 

Now if I were to change the default branch from develop to some other branch say master, then the API lists both develop and release branches in the result.

Any pointers to use alternate APIs to get required information for Bitbucket Server?

Regards,
Richard

0 votes
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2015
Neal Culiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2015

Thank you - I use awesome graphs which offers the vertical flow. I'm looking for more of a UML/Network diagram, i.e. boxes that represent branches and their relations, not commit history. Just a very high level view of your branches and relations and their status.

Like vivek9237 likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events