Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket Teams using my plan allowance.

Anthony Clarke January 12, 2016

I want to create two teams, one has two members and the other has six. They are totally separate teams in different parts of the world working on entirely different products. Can I have a plan for ten users on my main account and use those allow a total of 10 (including me) across multiple teams or do I have to buy a separate plan for the team with six members? I expect to have many teams with one to twenty members, but I would rather have these draw down from a total bought by the main account. Is this possible?

3 answers

0 votes
evzijst
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2016

The short answer is no.

Plans are tied to teams (or individual accounts, but that's not relevant in your case) and so every team with more than 5 members will need to purchase its own plan.

There's nothing overarching that would allow teams to use another account's plan by proxy or something.

Btw, the free tier should suffice for your 2-user team.

0 votes
Anthony Clarke January 12, 2016

Those pages specifically do not answer my question.

Say my account has 200 seats on a plan. Can I create four teams and allocate 50 to each or do I have to purchase 50 extra seats  for each team?

0 votes
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2016

Hi Anthony, 

The number of users which will count against your account are the users who has access to a private repository. Please check these links where you will find a further explanation:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/how-users-accumulate-on-a-team-590262587.html

and

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/manage-an-individual-account-or-a-team-221449735.html

Regards, 
Renato Rudnicki 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events