Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket Server watch repository?

Eric Pederson August 3, 2016

Is it possible to watch a repository in Bitbucket Server the way you can with Bitbucket Cloud?   I want to get notified (with details and diffs) on all commits, whether or not they are related to a pull request.

Or can you only get notifications for pull request-related actions?

Also is it possible to get notifications for your own pull-request pushes?

Thanks,

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Scott Moore April 25, 2018

The ability to watch repositories was just released with Bitbucket 5.10: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/bitbucket-server-5-10-release-notes-948214779.html

Scott Moore April 25, 2018

...and if you use Bitbucket Cloud, you already have it.

Eric Pederson April 25, 2018

Just by coincidence we are in the midst of upgrading Bitbucket to 5.10 right now and I tried out the notification support. 

I’m glad that Bitbucket is finally providing this feature.  It’s got a ways to go before it’s fully baked but it's on the right track!

Things off the top of my head:

• I should get my own commit emails, and the commit message should be in the subject
  • I would like it so every user doesn't have to opt in.  In our Notifyr configuration all notifications go to a specific address.

If you take a look at the Notifyr Documentation and JIRA it will give you an idea of all the use cases that it supports and that people have been asking for.

1 vote
Ulrich Kuhnhardt [IzymesDev]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2016

Eric,

the Bitbucket Notifyr can do this for you - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/nl.stefankohler.stash.stash-notification-plugin/server/overview

The Atlassian Marketplace has a plethora of great core product enhancements - always a good place to start the search for a solution.

Hope it helps - Cheers Ulrich 

Tom Chamberlain July 31, 2017

Notifyr carries a heafty price tag for something which comes for free in Bitbucket Cloud and even GitHub. I am suprised at how many features you must pay for on BitBucket compared to a hosted GitHub!

Eric Pederson July 31, 2017

Besides that, the Notifyr developer has not been responding to bug reports since March.  We are paying customers and have a number of outstanding bugs in basic functionality which have not been even replied to in the Notifyr JIRA.

I got a survey a while back from Atlassian about a notification feature that led me to beleive that they are at least thinking about it.   I hope they come out with something built-in so we can move off Notifyr.

0 votes
Perf0rmancePr0jected December 9, 2018

Go to "..." to the right of "Clone" and choose "Manage Notifications" and "Watch this Repository".

olisteadman April 25, 2019

This option presumably only appears if you have upgraded to 5.10 or have a plugin like Notifyr installed by administrator. I don't see it.

0 votes
Eric Pederson August 3, 2016

Right.   Thanks.

I found the JIRA for it: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BSERV-4203

It was created in 2013 and there are 75 votes for it.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events