Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket Server Upgrade 4.6.2 to 5.0.2 to 5.5.5

Robert Banister January 22, 2018

Hello,

I have just upgraded our Bitbucket Service (staging instance) from 4.6.2 to 5.0.2

I am having an issue when starting the atlbitbucket service and am getting this message:

[root@hq-stashstg01 shared]# log4j:WARN No such property [triggeringPolicy] in org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender.

log4j:WARN No such property [rollingPolicy] in org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender.

Did I miss something during the upgrade steps?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

2 answers

2 votes
Anton Shaleev
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2018

Hello Robert

It's leftovers of log4j log file rotation from pre-5.x version.

Did you remove/rename the server.xml after the restart? Also, such configuration can be in log4j.properties or web.xml

1 vote
theQuestion
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2018

Salutations Robert,

Since this is a warn my first thought is to confirm you have migrated the server.xml customizations to bitbucket.properties. It could be pointing to a property that previously lived in 'server.xml' but in 5.0.X+ it lives in 'bitbucket.properties'

I hope this helps! 

Kindest regards,
Jonathan McDaniel
Atlassian Support
DevTools Technical Support Engineer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events