Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket Server New Installation

Scott Taylor March 18, 2019

I am looking for guidance on the best practices for a new Bitbucket Server installation, going into an existing, non-Git, small-shop (4 developers) development environment.  Specifically, I want to know if I should install BBServer on one of our existing development servers, or if I should install it on a dedicated server.  I have been testing the trial version on a test server, and am planning the roll-out.  Our servers are running WIn2008r2, and will be upgrading them to 2012/2016 by end-of-year.  Any other recommendations would be most appreciated.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2019

I would recommend you to think of the long term. If you see yourself using Bitbucket Server going forward, you should think about setting up a dedicated server to host it and not need to do an extra migration in the future.

Scott Taylor March 18, 2019

Timothy,

Thanks for getting back to me.  We are finding that is probably the best option for us.  We are also looking at how this may impact our processes for pushing code out from dev. to staging and live.  Being at the start, I don't want to make an initial configuration decision that inhibits the usefulness of BbS down the road.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events