Bitbucket Server 5.3.0 using 5.2.1 app\WEB-INF\classes directory

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2017

Anyone upgraded to Bitbucket Server 5.3.0 from 5.2.1 and noticed that 5.3.0 is using 5.2.1 app\WEB-INF\classes directory resulting in that the version is displayed as 5.2.1 instead of 5.3.0 when you access it?

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Chevell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2017

Hi Mikael,

This isn't something I can reproduce. I'm guessing you might be using Windows since you used backslashes in your folder path example, however I tested this on Windows and Linux and don't see the same behaviour.

When you upgraded, did you attempt to overwrite the existing installation folder instead of creating a new one? This might be a failed upgrade. I'd suggest trying a fresh 5.3.0 install into the default installation directory, C:\Atlassian\Bitbucket\5.3.0, and checking whether you still see an out of date version number in Bitbucket after this. 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2017

Resolved, turned out to be an issue with Windows 10 Anniverary Edition. For some reason it was holding on to an environment variable that pointed to the old install directory. After a couple of restarts it now seems to work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events