cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket Server 5.1.x not installing service on Windows Server

Neal Culiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2017

Starting in 5.1.1 the service is no longer being installed so I have to manually install it. Did something change in the installer or is this a bug? Using the x64 install.

2 answers

0 votes
Neal Culiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2017

Another problem with this again. I had 5.3.1 installed. I downloaded 5.4.0 and ran the installer and told it to upgrade the current server instance. The windows service did not get installed.  I had to rename the 5.4.0 folder to 5.4.0.old and run the installer again, this time telling it to install a new instance and it worked.

It seems the installer cannot handle the upgrade from a prior version such as 5.3.x to 5.4.x. There is also no uninstall shortcut created or in the windows programs & features area so no good automated way of uninstalling to reinstall. 

0 votes
Mark A.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2017

Hey Neal,

I tried to reproduce your issue but was unable to do so. With the install, I was given the option to install Bitbucket Server as a service.

Did you run the install executable as an administrator?

If not run as administrator or someone with the necessary permissions, then you may not be prompted to install Bitbucket Server as a service.

-Mark

Neal Culiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 2, 2017

I got it working by installing as a new instance instead of an upgrade after a complete uninstall.

Mark A.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2017

Glad to hear you're sorted. Thanks for the reply!

-Mark

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events