Bitbucket Says I have too many users so it made me readonly.

Somehow I created a repo for work and used me as the owner instead of the company. I added my boss and coworkers to the repo so I could hand it to them. That made me readonly. My boss transfered ownership of the repo to the company for me so it's no longer under my account. However BitBucket still says I have too many users and has my account as read only. How do I fix that?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Natalie, that means that the maximum number of users per account (or people that can have access to repositories) has been exceeded. You'll need to upgrade the plan for the account that owns the repo, or remove users until the name is under the limit again. 

I've checked the Bitbucket account associated to your email address and there's only one user, so that message is probably referring to your company's Bitbucket account. Once they fix it following the instructions I mentioned above, your "read-only" status will be removed.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Ana

I believe we have a paid account. The account is Control Concepts.

Hi @Natalie Jackman, I've checked that account and it looks fine. However, it seems like it might be affected by this bug Billing notification, where a "Read only" notification is shown, but the accounts keep functioning as normal.

Can you check if you can actually push, or if you get some kind of error?

Let us know!

Ana 

Unfourtunatly I can't. I'm out of town working from my personal laptop. I loaded Source Tree onto it since that is what we use. However Source Tree is rejecting my login even though the bitbucket page is accepting it. It seems my account is currently broken. Is there any way you can go inside and manually fix it if this is a bug? 

Hi Natalie, this bug is only causing a pop-up to be displayed, but it doesn't mean that your account is read-only (even if the pop-up is saying so), you'll be ablt to continue doing your regular operations. Our developers are working into a fix to only show this message to accounts that are genuinely read-only. 

Can you send us a screenshot of the message you're getting, or where does it say that you're read-only?

Regards!

Ana

For a screen shot please look at the photo in my previous post. The Source Tree software says authintication works on the login popup, but once I click ok and close the popup the program rejects the login. This started when this read only issue started. If you could manually go in and fix it I would really appreaciate it because this will start effecting my work on Monday next week.

Hi Natalie, I meant a screenshot of your Bitbucket account where it shows that you're a read-only user. Apologies if I was not clear enough.

Regards :)

Ana

That message is no longer showing up today. Last time I checked it was giving me the message but not now. :)

I also just tried source tree again, by deleting my account from it and putting it back in and it is pulling up the account correctly now with no errors in logging in. Thank you so much! You guys are life savers.

Glad to hear that, Natalie! Have a great day :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 21, 2018 in Bitbucket

Branch Management with Bitbucket

As a project manager, I have discovered that different developers want to bring their previous branching method with them when they join the team. Some developers are used to performing individual wo...

1,545 views 9 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you