Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket Runner not updating the build script

Revan Hernandy September 4, 2021

I running some server on my private network so i installing the runner for each server that required code from the repository. I need git pulling on every push code to the repository. i saw the limit  that  

• Can’t access the local files on the runner host from a build script: In order to provide isolation and reproducibility, a runner doesn’t provide access directly to the host file system, we recommend using SCP / Rsync, if necessary.

how should i do to fix that?

1 answer

0 votes
Mark C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2021

Hi @Revan Hernandy

Welcome to the community.

I'm afraid that's one of the limitations of Pipelines Runners at the moment.
We do have an existing feature request for it that can be located through this link. - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BCLOUD-21252
You can upvote and watch it for now so that you'll be notified of any updates from our team when the feature becomes available on Bitbucket Cloud.
Please do note that we don't have an exact ETA for the feature request as all new features will be implemented according to our policy here.

The workaround suggested for this is to use either SCP or Rsync commands on your Pipelines YAML script.
You can also consider using the available Pipes below:

Do let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,
Mark C

Revan Hernandy September 7, 2021

Hi Mark,

I'm exec the runner container then goes to the working directory that I run to. Then I tried to create a directory inside and it works (file bot remote and local is created).

I think it doesn't make sense if I have more than 10 runners running then have to adjust the pipeline script to 10 credentials.

Mark C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 9, 2021

Hi @Revan Hernandy

In this case, I believe you can try to save those credentials as environment variables on Pipelines.

This way, you can manage multiple credentials on Pipelines.

Regards,
Mark C

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events