Bitbucket Pull Request does not update

Natalie Wenz July 20, 2016

I had the following Scenario:

1) Local changes and commit on Feature Branch

2) Push changes to Feature Branch on Bitbucket

3) Create Pull Request from Feature Branch -> master

4) Add some changes and push them to Feature Branch

Now I expect that the pull request is updated by the new commit. I did not see any new commit that is pushed to Bitbucket after the creation of the Pull Request.

We use Bitbucket Data Center Version 4.4.0. But we are planning to update in the next few weeks. Probably the issue is fixed by a newer Version?

Thanks in advance

Natalie

2 answers

1 vote
ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2016

Hi Natalie,

In addition to checking what @Jeff Thomas said, please also have a look at the KB below:

Best regards,
Thiago Bomfim
DevTools

1 vote
Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2016

Most of the time this behavior is caused by the event queue filling up and dropping events. The events that were dropped would have been the ones that rescoped the pull request to update it, but never happened since the event was dropped. If that is what's going on a search through the atlassian-bitbucket.log for RejectedExecutionException would have lines similar to the following:

java.util.concurrent.RejectedExecutionException: Task com.atlassian.sal.core.executor.ThreadLocalDelegateRunnable@1ab334c1 rejected from java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor@1f6328e4
[Running, pool size = 4, active threads = 4, queued tasks = 4096, completed tasks = 7743]

If you see this, have a read through RejectedExecutionException to help identify the cause or apply the workaround. 

If you're not seeing that message, feel free to raise a support request at https://support.atlassian.com and we'll take a closer look.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events