Bitbucket Pipelines multi-language scenario

David L September 21, 2017

Hi

I'm trying to figure out if I can use Bitbucket pipelines in a particular scenario and I would appreciate any comments. Also, if the scenario doesn't seem right, feel free to let me know.

I'm currently keeping code for multiple projects in a bitbucket repository. Some of the projects run only in Windows, while others run in Linux and/or Windows.

My goal is to be able to check code in, automatically run builds and deploy the updated code to a staging environment, run regression tests, and report the results. I would also like to automate the production deployment process.

One of the sub-projects runs entirely in Linux. Its my understanding that the Pipelines function doesn't currently support Windows environment systems, so I would like to start with the Linux-only project. That project consists of some C++ code, Python scripts, and systemd services. It uses a PostGIS database.

Is it feasible to use Bitbucket Pipelines to do the build/deploy/test process?

I currently have staging/production servers. Would the pipeline deploy to those servers, or to Bitbucket docker containers?

Is it correct that Bitbucket Pipelines does not support deploying to Windows environments?

Thanks in advance.

David

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events