Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket Pipelines Fails Frequently With Arbitrarily Passes

Ryan Biggs November 22, 2016

Hello,

We are currently attempting to use Bitbucket Pipelines to build our Maven project. When I run the build locally using the guide in the documentation, allocating 4g of memory and 4g of swap memory, the build passes correctly with no issues. Once deployed to the environment, however, the build fails about 90% of the time.

I am using a custom docker image and mvn install to build our project. When I dig through the pipelines logs, it turns out that there are no errors and the command doesn't appear to finish. The logs appear to end half way through the execution. 

Our build process is computationally intense so it is my opinion that the fails are caused by some sort of resource limitation. Is there a way to figure out why the command doesn't finish or if there is some environment fail? 

Thank you,

Ryan Biggs 

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Soto November 22, 2016

Try running the build in a docker image locally with the same memory constraints, etc.

Your pipelines build setup output shows how docker is launched, you can run the same locally.

Ryan Biggs November 22, 2016

As I stated in the original post - when I run the build locally with the same memory constraints, the build passes correctly with no issues. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events