Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Bitbucket Pipeline <> Hashicorp Vault - Support to Access All Vault Paths

Edited

Hi, We see that there is only kv secret engine support to read static secrets from hashicorp vault. But for our workflow, we are looking to access our application's - role id and secret id from the approle authentication backend. Is there something in the works to integrate bitbucket pipelines with other vault secret backends and auth backends and allow it to read and write from any vault path?

For e.g.

vault read auth/approle/role/test-app/role-id

vault write -wrap-ttl=30m -f auth/approle/role/test-app/secret-id

We cannot utilize most of the functionalities from the hashicorp vault with bitbucket pipelines.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Patrik S Atlassian Team Jan 12, 2023

Hello @Vinoth Kumar Karuppuchamy ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I'm assuming you are talking about the pipe atlassian/vault-secrets that can be used to fetch secrets from a HashiCorp vault. According to that pipe's documentation it currently only supports kv secret engine vault type. 

I understand you would like to have access to other types of vault backends that are not currently included in this pipe.

After some research, I found that Hashcorp offers a command-line interface (CLI) that leverages a great part of their API functionalities, and might also offer the feature you are looking for.

You could try installing the Vault's CLI into the docker image you use in your build, and then configure the Vault CLI according to Vault's documentation. For a full list of commands available in Vault's CLI, I would suggest referring to Vault Commands (CLI).

Let me know in case you have any questions.

Thank you, @Vinoth Kumar Karuppuchamy .

Patrik S

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events