Bitbucket PR

Pankaj2204 November 29, 2017

Getting lot of trouble to deal with PR, build status, notification etc.

Common issues

1. Why we are getting duplicate notification on same PR

2. What are the possible reasons behind duplicate builds on same PR

3. Build status in not triggering on PR

4. What are the roles of reviewers, ( concept about the reviewer and review process)

5. Why PR is getting merged without any approval

6. Users are part Watcher and Workzone is also configured - but users are not getting notifications on PR

4 answers

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2017

Hi Pankaj, I've created a Support ticket for you and you should have received a notification in your email. Please follow the instructions there so we can continue helping you with your issue :)

If you need anything else, let us know!

Cheers,

Ana

0 votes
Pankaj2204 December 4, 2017

Can you please rasie a ticket for me

0 votes
Pankaj2204 December 4, 2017

Hi Ana,
Thanks for your comments

I am using bitbucket server 5.3

Can you please help me to understand how to deal with these issues.

Thanks,
Pankaj

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2017

Hi Pankaj, to help you with this we first need to know if you're using Bitbucket Server or Cloud. If you're in Server, I'll need to create a Support ticket for you, as we'll need to ask you for some information that could be sensitive or confidential and we don't want to display it publicly. 

In response to your question number 4:

4. What are the roles of reviewers, ( concept about the reviewer and review process)

Reviewers will look over your change before it gets pulled in (if they approve it). Bitbucket allows you to add one or more reviewers to a single pull request who can then approve or reject the request. You can read more about reviewers at Add default reviewers.

The review phase of a pull request typically involves reviewers making comments and the author pushing additional changes and commenting in response, until the pull request is ultimately approved. The pull request author usually starts by adding colleagues as reviewers. Reviewers then leave comments and then updates their reviewer status to notify the author that they've completed their review. 

Depending on the feedback provided by reviewers, the author may then update a pull request with new commits. This may be to clean up the code, resolve any outstanding tasks, or improve the quality of the code.

Once the cycles of reviewer feedback and new commits has reached a conclusion, a pull request can either be merged to its target branch, or declined if the changes are not to be merged.

To learn more, you can visit Review and discuss a pull request.

Regards!

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events