Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket On Premise

Wisnu Widiarta September 21, 2021

Hi All,

I am new to BitBucket. Our organization requires an on premise BitBucket.

I have purchased for one year BitBucket DataCenter since the Server no longer sold.

Where do I need to start?

- Download the Bitbucket 7.16 ?

- Is it true that Datacenter must use Linux instead of Windows?

- Is following the manual : https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BitbucketServer/Getting+started is the next thing to do?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2021

Yes, you will need to download and install Bitbucket to get started with your first node.

No, it'll work fine on Windows.  Most of us use Linux because it's generally faster, easier and cheaper, but Bitbucket is fully supported on Windows, and if your expertise is in running Windows machines, then that's the very best choice for you.

Yep, follow the install guide, it covers windows installs as well as Linux.

But based on https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/bitbucket-data-center-faq-776663707.html

The DataCenter version is not supported under windows

Does Bitbucket Data Center support Windows?

No, Windows is not supported. 

Known issues

• Microsoft Windows is not supported for Bitbucket Data Center, or for 500+ user tiers.
  • You should not use Windows Resilient File System (ReFS) as NTFS is required.
  • Apple macOS is evaluation only. MacOS cannot be used for production deployment.
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2021

I am sorry, I got that wrong, and I stand corrected.

I remember the file system having to be changed because Windows doesn't use decent ones, but so few people use windows for Java based stuff, I have not been keeping up and did not know support for windows was not possible any more.  I think I was assuming it was ok because it works for server.

Like Wisnu Widiarta likes this

Thank you Nic. It is ok. At least now I am sure that I must use the Linux version and follow that guidance.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events