Bitbucket Migration error to another machine

info_opc November 17, 2017

I follow these steps (link) to migrate bitbucket. I installed the new instance of bitbucket in the new machine copying the old bitbucket home and creating a new temp schema.

After that, I changed the connection string in bitbucket.properties to the database previously moved, but when I try to log in, an error appear: "The remote authentication server is not available. Please try again later". It's like bitbucket trying to log in with the older server. Any idea to solve it?

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2017

Are you using an external user directory to control the access in Bitbucket? Do you have an account setup in the internal directory? If you use Jira as the user directory that is tied to your old machine and would explain the error message.

info_opc November 17, 2017

Yes, Jira has the user directory, but it was migrated before installing bitbucket. Do I need to edit another .xml file?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2017

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events