Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket-Jenkins webhook giving 403 error

Monali Chaudhary November 3, 2017

I have added bitbucket webhook for jenkins integration in my repository settings but it is returning 403 error. The webhook URL is provided in the following format:

https://username:apitoken@jenkins-url/bitbucket-hook/

The username provided also have admin access in Jenkins still it is giving :

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>403 Forbidden</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Forbidden</h1>
<p>You don't have permission to access /bitbucket-hook/
on this server.<br />
</p>
</body></html>

I have tried all the combinations like username:password instead of API token but it is throwing error in all conditions.

Just  to let you know that Jenkins can successfully pull the code from bitbucket when the job is triggered manually.

2 answers

0 votes
jredmond
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 22, 2017

The 403 status is actually pretty descriptive here: it means that user doesn't have permission to that endpoint (/bitbucket-hook). The network is fine (otherwise you would get a NET_ERR), and the credentials themselves are OK (otherwise you would get a 401), and there's an endpoint by that name (otherwise you would get a 404), but the user in question is just not allowed to do that action.

You should examine the listener's configuration on Jenkins - that's where the issue appears to be. Look especially for user permissions.

Deleted user November 22, 2017

I've used both privileged and non privileged users and every time I get the 403.

In my case, I'm able to use the same url (https://username:apitoken@jenkins-url/webhook-url-params/) in an older version of GitLab and the webhook works.

Eduardo December 1, 2022

Exact same issue here

0 votes
Deleted user November 22, 2017

I have this problem as well, please advise.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events