Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket Integration with Visual Studio 2017 - Can't get branch from remote

David Adler July 26, 2017

We have an on-prem  Bitbucket server and on-Prem JIRA server. I am using Visual Studio 2017 on my dev machine. I created a brach in a JIRA ticket. I have the Vicual Studio Bitbucket Extension by NextIteration, v 1.36 installed and I can log in to the on-prem Bitbucket server in Team Explorer and I can clone the Master for my project to the local repo. 

However, what I want is the branch I created in JIRA.

In Visual Studio Team Explorer, when I go to the Branches section, I can see the remote/origin link and when I expand it, I can see the JIRA created branch. However, If I select the branch, right-click and choose  "Checkout" or "New Local Branch From...", I get an error stating that " Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: count"

What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2017

Hi David,

It looks like Visual Studo Pro may need to do a git pull and be restarted to pick up the new branch.

When you create the branch in jira, Bitbucket makes the branch succesfully. The client needs to do a git pull to get the reference to the new branch. Try that and let me know the results.

Cheers,

Branden

David Adler July 26, 2017

I used Tower to do a pull for the branch and then I was able to see the branch in VS. 

It would be nice if I could do the pull within VS

Thanks,

Dave

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events