Bitbucket Hipchat integration not showing as unread message

When using bitbucket and hipchat, I want the notifications from bitbucket to be unread messages, currently that is not happening.

4 answers

0 votes
Ahmad Danial Atlassian Team Mar 20, 2015

Hey there, Alex. This appears to simply be how the Bitbucket integration is currently designed.  We have forwarded a feature request to the Bitbucket integration team to make notifications for events a configurable option.  I can't say when the feature might be complete, but they have acknowledged that they'd like to get it on their roadmap

@Ahmad Danial Is there a public Feature-Request  ?

Ahmad Danial Atlassian Team Dec 08, 2015

Hey there, Benjamin. No public facing feature request that I know of but should there be any updates, I will definitely do my best to keep you posted.

I'd request this as well. That bitbucket notifications also show as unread messages (along with the number) on hipchat. Would help in not missing important PRs.

0 votes
Ahmad Danial Atlassian Team Aug 23, 2017

Hi, Benjamin and Mita.

I know it has been a long time coming but we have the following Suggestion created to addres this concern - Enable popup & push notifications from Bitbucket Server . Please include all the concerns that you have in that ticket so that the developers will have a clear view on them.

Meanwhile, you can consider the usage of Go2Group Hipchat Plugin for Bitbucket Server as a workaround to see if it fits the requirement you have on your end.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

687 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot