Bitbucket Granular Permissions

C
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2016

Does anyone know a plugin that allows teams to have more granular permissions for Bitbucket Server?  We are wanting to allow teams to setup their own projects. but still enforce some project level permissions. 

I heard this was possible with scriptrunner

1 answer

2 votes
adammarkham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2016

Apologies for the delay in responding. ScriptRunner for Bitbucket Server has an event handler called "default repository permissions" and "default project permissions" the documentation for it can be found here. It will allow you enforce some default permissions when a project or repository is created.

After installing the evaluation version of ScriptRunner from Marketplace you can find these under Admin -> ScriptRunner -> Script Event Handlers

If you want more fine grained control, your likely going to have to write your own custom scripted event handler.

Let me know if you need any further details or run into any issues.

simon_oestengaard_keylane_com January 22, 2020

I can see from the scriptrunner docs that it's possible to block people from doing things they would otherwise have access to, but is it is also possible to allow people with normal project write permissions to create repos in a project using script runner?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events