Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Bitbucket] GetAddrInfo Failed

Heerco Grond October 28, 2015

Hi there,

I've been using version control for my Unity Prototype so I can keep stable builds. Now I've used Mercurial etc. before but mostly while working with TortoiseHG. I recently switched over to Atlassian Sourcetree for convience because I was hosting my repo's on Bitbucket anyway.

Now I'm running into a lot of problems pushing. I can pull quite decently from my remote repository through bitbucket, but when I try to push I get the error GetAddrInfo failed. I have tried a couple of things already

• Shave off veraduxxz@ from the URL
  • Try to push my remote branch first
  • Try to merge to default and push again (it's a finished piece anyway, so the merge had to happen eventually) 

Everytime I try to push to the repo, I get the error. I am pushing my latest commit in all cases. The files I am trying to push are just the Asset files in my Unity folder which have been changed, created or deleted. Meta-data is visible.

2 answers

0 votes
shadeesha August 6, 2018

Restart your laptop. that will solve everything...

0 votes
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 28, 2015

Hi Heerco, 

I believe one of these factors might causing this issue:

1 - Sounds like you might need to tell Mercurial what your proxy settings are. First hit for "mercurial proxy":

http://www.markhneedham.com/blog/2009/05/13/mercurial-pulling-from-behind-a-proxy/

2 - I think the repository you're cloning contain sub-repositories.

The error message is saying that Mercurial can't find the IP address for something (i.e. a DNS lookup has failed), but you've obviously managed to connect to the server with the initial repository on it. Sub-repositories are cloned during the update process of the parent. The fact that you're getting the error just after the updating to branch trunk message leads to the conclusion that this is your problem.

Look at the contents of .hgsub in the original repository. If it has anything in it, it will have the URLs of any sub-repositories. I suspect these URLs have been written in a way that means they aren't accessible from the machine you're trying to clone to. If possible, fix these to make them general enough to work anywhere.

Regards, 

Renato Rudnicki

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events