Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket Deployments Changes are not shown

joseph.masini July 29, 2021

Hi all,

I managed to integrate Bitbucket Cloud with Jira Cloud and also make use of Pipeline Deployments, which have a nifty feature of list the differences from the last deployment.

I am using this feature to deploy from develop following vanilla gitflow:

1. Feature branch opened from develop.
  2. Commits on feature branch are prefixed with the Jira Id to use smart commits.
  3. The branch goes through a pull-request.
  4. The pull-request gets approved and is merged to develop.
  5. A pipeline is trigger for a build on develop and the option to also deploy on an environment. Note that the pipeline runs on the merge commit that is done on develop.

Once I click on deploy, a window comes up to show deployment changes which include the commits and Jira issues.

However, in my case, on deployment, no issues are turning up.

Anyone had any experience with this?

Kind regards,

Joseph

1 answer

0 votes
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2021

Hi, @joseph.masini! Welcome to the community! 

In order to further investigate this issue, could you please confirm if the issue turns up anywhere else in Bitbucket? ie, if you try to use a Smart commit, does it populate as a smart commit? 

Please, feel free to share any additional information about this case. Thank you. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

joseph.masini August 10, 2021

Hi @Caroline R ,

Bitbucket was identifying the smart commits, but for that particular run, it was not detecting the commits.

It managed to detected the commits in subsequent runs without changing anything.

Thank you for following up!

Kind regards,
Joseph

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2021

Hi, Joseph! 

Thanks for getting back to me! In this case, I would like to ask you to monitor this for a few weeks and let me know how it goes. 

Thank you. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events