Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket (DataCenter edition) Repo between two Projects

Jayan M N December 29, 2018

I have relatively large code base.  I cloned PARENT  on local machine and then pushed to ButBucket as  CHILD repo. 

Could I mark the CHILD as forked from PARENT?

Detailed question

iesd-16.1 was the first repo. This was forked to iesd-17.1.  PR between these forks works fine.

I then created iesd-18.1 by cloning and then pushing to BitBucket.  The repo does not have "forked" relation with its logical parent.  This means PR from server does not work.  The commits are copied via a common repository on local disk.  If there is a way to create a forked relation between iesd-17.1 and  iesd-18.1, workflows could become much simple.

1 answer

1 vote
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2019

Hi Jayan!

There's no way of creating a fork 'relationship' unless the repo is an actual fork. Is there any reason why you can't simply fork the repo to create iesd-18.1?

Let us know,

Ana

Jayan M N January 4, 2019

Event happened long ago.   There are too many branches and commits created in iesd-18.1.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2019

So I'm assuming the purpose of the fork is not to be merged to the parent one in the future? If so, wouldn't a clone have the same effect for you? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events