Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket Data Center - Reinstate user and link to previous Crowd account

Michael Clayton January 11, 2022

Hi,

We're scratching our heads here wondering if something we're trying to do is even possible, so any pointers would be appreciated...

Short Version

Basically, Bitbucket has deactivated an internal user account linked to an Active Directory user because we moved the AD account into an OU that is out of scope from the underlying Crowd configuration.

When we moved the AD account back into the original OU Bitbucket created a new internal user account and as a result the historical activity by the user is no longer linked to their Bitbucket account, and we'd like to somehow re-link the historical activity to the AD account.

Long Version

• We've got an on-premise Bitbucket Data Center server which uses Crowd to pull users from our Active Directory infrastructure. The Crowd rules are filtered to just a specific OU, and we had a user - let's say "MYDOMAIN\my.account" who has a number of historical commits and PRs in Bitbucket.
  • The AD account expired and one of our custom processes automatically moved the AD account into a different OU which is *outside* of the Crowd filters. At this point, Bitbucket appears to have renamed the internal user to "x_my.account" and all of their activity now appears with this name.
  • We reinstated the AD account by changing the expiry date and moving it back into the OU linked to Crowd, and the user is now able to access Bitbucket again, *but* it seems to have created a *new* internal user account "my.account" which *isn't* linked to the historical activity, which still shows "x_my.account" as the author.

Is there a way to somehow re-link the *new* Bitbucket "my.account" user to the historical activity which is currently showing the author as the "x_my.account" Bitbucket account?

If anyone can confirm if this is even possible it would be a big help so we'd know whether to keep burning time trying to fix it or not :-)

Thanks,

Mike

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events