Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket Cloud: How to Get Pull Request Metrics for Muliple Repos or at Project Level

Tara Lynch June 4, 2020

We want to create Grafana dashboards with delivery metrics at a project / team level. We currently have the metrics at a repo level but want aggregate data at a team or project level. The metrics are pretty standard (examples below).

• Open Pull Requests
  • Average Time to Merge
  • Number of new pull requests/week
  • Average lines changed

Has anyone done this? 

2 answers

0 votes
AOT-Administrator October 7, 2021

Hi @Tara Lynch we'd like to do the same thing and I ran across your question.  i want to pull Bitbucket events, including PRs, commits, and deploys (via bitbucket pipeline) into Grafana Cloud.

Did you ever get this sorted out?

Thanks

Tara Lynch October 8, 2021

Hi, @AOT-Administrator We did end up figuring this out by extending the API. We are putting the data in tables in PostgreSQL and then use Tableau to analyze the data and create dashboards. I'm going to have the engineer who did the hard work pop on and explain what he did. We also created a custom script to grab the data from PostgreSQL and put in a time series DB for Grafana.

AOT-Administrator October 8, 2021

That would be great, thanks so much @Tara Lynch 

I'm currently looking into Webhook Relay for this use case as well to ingest, transform, and forward webhook events.

0 votes
Anuradha Wishmantha September 8, 2020

"We currently have the metrics at a repo level"

Do you use Prometheus as the source?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events