Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket Best Practices Configuration

MarcosQ June 28, 2017

Hi!

We are currently running Bitbucket Server 4.6X and ocasionally having some issues with SWAP memory. 

Swappiness is configured with a trashehold of 60% of memory on a 32gb RAM server and 1GB Swap. Free memory is about 12Gb.

The app is running on a 2 failover servers and the DB on other 2 nodes.

We need to know the best atribute for this, is it Ok to have this Swap configuration? Any suggest?

An also, if there some best practices for the configuration for this tool.

1 answer

0 votes
Julius Davies _bit-booster_com_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2017

If you have 250 users or more, I recommend tuning Bitbucket's config options to give the java processes more RAM.   Bitbucket 4.x out-of-the-box only claims at most 756MB of RAM for its java processes (Bitbucket 5.x claims a little more).

For 250-999 users I'd probably give Bitbucket 1.5GB of RAM.

For 1000-1999 users I'd probably give Bitbucket 2.5GB of RAM.

(It's quite a miraculously lean java webapp).

I wouldn't give the Java processes more than 6GB .   If you're still noticing problems at 6GB, something else must be wrong.   Definitely take a look inside $BITBUCKET_HOME/logs and $BITBUCKET_INSTALL/logs to see if anything looks suspicious.

Here's the official documentation for Bitbucket 4.6 on scaling and tuning your server:   Scaling Bitbucket Server (confluence.atlassian.com) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events