Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket 5.6.2 get logs for testing connection on ldap

Emma Sudds December 19, 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to find out where I can find the logs to the testing on a User Directory (specifically Active Directory Server).

When it tests and fails on "Test retrieve user" I want to be able to see this reflected in a log with more details.

I have both "Enable debug logging" and "Enable Profiling" enabled under Logging and Profiling.

I can see some logs relating to ldap in: atlassian-bitbucket.log but no errors?

Can anyone help me?

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Anton Shaleev
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2017

Hi Emma, thank you for the good question.

That was a good idea to enable the debug logging, however, the Profiling should be enabled only if you troubleshoot the performance and want to know the long-running tasks.

If the "Test retrieve user" failed it should give you an LDAP error code. We have collected the most often LDAP and AD-specific error codes on the page: Common User Management Errors (! the table on top is scrollable horizontally).

If you cannot see the error and want really verbose output from LDAP server you can set up the verbose output following the instructions from the KB Log more LDAP query details

Let me know if you have any difficulties.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events