Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BitBucket upgrade from Stash removed several repos; How to restore?

Mark Troutt November 22, 2017

Recently I attempted to upgrade a Stash instance to the latest version of BitBucket. The upgrade process "succeeded" but most of the repositories are no longer showing up. Before the upgrade there were 12 repos in Stash. After the upgrade only 2 show up in BitBucket. The repo files are still in the folder, and the 10 missing repos are still listed in the database when I perform the query:

select * from repository;

The database being used is MySQL. The upgrade was from Stash 2.12.0 to BitBucket 5.5.1. There were no errors or warnings in atlassian-bitbucket.log that related to the missing repos.

I'd prefer not to recreate the repos through git as was suggested to a user who was migrating to a new server. How can I point BitBucket to the repositories that already exist both within the database and on disk?

1 answer

0 votes
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2017

Hi Mark,

This is something that shouldn't be happening and I would consider the upgrade to have failed given that the repositories have disappeared. For that reason I'd suggest reverting to the pre-upgrade state by restoring your Stash home directory and database and attempting the upgrade again, and if you still see repositories being deleted you'd probably want to look at the Bitbucket logs to find out why that might be happening.

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events