Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BitBucket doesn't start

Stefano Falasca December 11, 2017

Bitbucket not work more. Follow message is showed on web page.

A fatal error has occurred

The following problem occurred, which prevents Atlassian Bitbucket from starting:

SpringMVC dispatcher [springMvc] could not be started

here log file:

https://mega.nz/#!Ic1hSALS!gVjT8-iKa-jGg0kiQjpf_bgSS_L7p5joGDOmeabbNss

Any idea what happen ?

thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2017

Hi Stefano,

• Is this still occurring?

Taking a look at the logs I see the following:

Error creating bean with name 'bootstrapLiquibase' defined in class path resource [stash-context.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is liquibase.exception.LockException: Could not acquire change log lock.  Currently locked by srvdoc (10.3.1.166) since 11/12/17 9.22

There is a knowledge base article that may be able to assist you titled Bitbucket Server Does Not Start - Could not acquire change log lock

Resolution:

Bitbucket Server needs an exclusive lock on the DATABASECHANGELOGLOCK table in order to start so take care to disconnect / close the tool used to update the database. If you do not do this you may experience Bitbucket Server hanging on start up with no errors in the logs and no response from the web server.

This appears to be confirmed by an unrelated Github article as well.  Take a look at Bitbucket Server Does Not Start - Could not acquire change log lock to see the instructions for your database and let me know if this works for you.

Cheers,

Branden

Stefano Falasca December 11, 2017

Great, many thank's Branden SOLVED

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2017

No worries. I'm glad I was able to help! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events