Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BitBucket comments - ESC keypress wipes text

Deleted user December 30, 2012

When trying to comment on a ticket in BitBucket, I was attempting to go back and put backticks (for code markup) around a piece of my comment, but the backtick key is extremely close to the escape key on most laptops. Unfortunately hitting escape wipes your entire comment. In my case this was quite a large amount of text. There seems to be no way to "undo" this action, ctrl-z was not working.

2 answers

0 votes
m
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2013

Daniel,

Turns out this is a known problem with issue comments. I don't see it scheduled for a fix. I'll ask the dev team on Monday and let you know.

Mary

0 votes
m
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2013

Hi,

I wasn't able to duplicate this on BB with the Chrome browser on Mac OSX. What browser are you using?

BTW, it is could be you accidentally triggered a shortcut:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BITBUCKET/Keyboard+Shortcuts

Mary

Deleted user January 4, 2013

Hi Mary, I am using Chromium in Linux, but also tested Firefox in Linux and get the same results. Pressing ESC in a comment box will make the comment box go away, and when you re-click the comment box, your original text is gone. Note that I am referring specifically to issue comments and not to the "resolve" box at the top that also lets you put a comment in, that one works fine.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events