• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

BitBucket Server and Jira integration with multiple repos

Hi Guys

We are planning to go with BitBucket Server. We want to integrate BitBucket Server with Jira. 

Will it be possible to have one jira ticket connected to several repos? Or is it one jira ticket per repo?

Please note I am talking about the Hosted version and not the cloud.

How can I do that?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Oct 23, 2019

Hi @Brian,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

Yes, one Jira issue can be associated with multiple repositories. The way the integration works is that you can associate an issue by either adding the Jira key to your branch name, in a commit comment or mention it on a Pull Request. 

Thanks Mikael for your answer. 

What about, from a jira ticket I want to create a feature brantch. I remember that was possible the last time I used bitbucket with jira but I don't remember if I need to create different feature branches on different repos, can I still do that from Jira..

I hope I am making sense :-)

Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Oct 24, 2019

From the Jira side there are no limitations either. When you click on create branch in Jira it will just bring you to Bitbucket and the create branch screen, and from here you can select any repository to create the branch in.

and I assume you can click on the create branch in jira more than once and choose different repo every time. Hence the ability to associate the ticket with multiple repos?

Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Oct 24, 2019

Correct.

thanks alot for your help . I am sold :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Powering DevOps with Bitbucket Server & Data Center

Hi everyone, The Cloud team recently announced 12 new DevOps features that help developers ship better code, faster   ! While we’re all excited about the new improvements to Bitbucket ...

1,922 views 0 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you