BitBucket Server: SpringMVC dispatcher [springMvc] could not be started on Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS

Dear Team,

am getting the error:BitBucket Server: SpringMVC dispatcher [springMvc] could not be started on Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS

i have already tried the steps which were mentioned.

Please help me out

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Shirish, to which steps are you referring to? Are you referring to  SpringMVC dispatcher could not be started?

Keep in mind that the solution proposed in that article is referring to Stash (old version of Bitbucket Server) so if you're using Bitbucket Server, that will not help. If you have Bitbucket Server you should try:

$ cd /var/atlassian/application-data/bitbucket
$ chown -R atlbitbucket:atlbitbucket *

Which is documented in this other article.

If you're still having trouble, let us know which version of Bitbucket Server are you using.

Best regards,

Ana

This widget could not be displayed.

Same error here...

chown -R atlbitbucket:atlbitbucket *

this did not help

turns out, that after a failed re-organisation of the SQL database was still locked. after removing the lock and restarting bitbucket, it worked again

this MSSQL command helped UPDATE DATABASECHANGELOGLOCK SET LOCKED=0, LOCKGRANTED=null, LOCKEDBY=null where ID=1;

Hi @Christopher Gray

Thank you for your response.

For BitBucket, am using Postgre SQL, I am not sure what would be the issue here.

having the same issue with postgresql. about to reinstall

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 21, 2018 in Bitbucket

Branch Management with Bitbucket

As a project manager, I have discovered that different developers want to bring their previous branching method with them when they join the team. Some developers are used to performing individual wo...

1,597 views 9 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you