Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BitBucket Repo is Empty, it shouldnt be

Ma3147 January 10, 2022

Hi, 

I have a repo that only I have access to, I have not used it in 2 years or so. Prior to that I did several commits to the repo and cloned it several times to different devices so I know it had code in there.

I've come to check it out today and the whole repo is empty, not a file on there and no commits listed.

I know this had commits and data and I know I have not deleted anything.

Last updated is showing 12-10-2019. All other repos in my account are fine.

Any idea what is going on here?

2 answers

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2022

H @Ma3147,

Could you please try the following:

1. clone this repo using terminal
  2. navigate to the clone the directory of the clone
  3. run the command git log

Then please let me know if the output of git log shows any commits and if the directory of the clone contains the files of your repo.

This is to narrow down whether the issue may be with Bitbucket UI not showing any commits for the repo, or if the remote repo doesn't have any commits at all.

SourceTree crushing on clone may be a bug with the application, this is why I suggest cloning from a terminal.

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2022

Hi @Ma3147 

Have you tried to check with a different branch or commits?

Raise the Atlassian Support ticket to get help on Push logs if you are sure of the repository!!

Here's an open ticket to vote on this feature to get the necessary info in logs for a repo

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BCLOUD-9622

Thanks,
Pramodh

Ma3147 January 10, 2022

Hi Pramodh,

The repo shows no branches or commits, any attemp to clone it result in a crash (using sourcetree)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events